FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - suggestions for SFO-asia redemption?
View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2010, 11:38 am
eloraculo

Originally Posted by decibel08
i haven't flown much AA (or BA) in at least a decade, but i now find myself with a small pile of AA and BA miles (thanks citi/chase!) that i'd like to turn into a multi-city trip from SFO to Japan and HKG, probably next spring or early summer. i am sort of excited about the redemption possibilities on Cathay and JAL.

my uneducated first stab at a plan would be to try SFO-NRT on JAL and HKG-SFO on CX. not sure what the intra-asia options are but i assume connections from NRT to HKG are plentiful.

first off, does that sound like a good way to use AA or BA miles (in biz or FC)? and secondly, does this fall under the 'one-world award' category of mix and match, or can i simply call up AA and ask for this kind of multi-city trip?

any redemption tips/advice appreciated. never been to asia, figure it's about time!
Actually, if you want to do JAL it is SFO - HND and if I am not mistaken there is no FC, but 100K for Biz sounds good way to use the miles. Not sure the intra-asia redemption if it qualifies as stop over if not it will be 20 or 30K, but just give them a call.

Last edited by eloraculo; Dec 7, 2010 at 11:49 am Reason: add