FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The consolidated US Rant Thread ("I'm mad / I hate / How could they? . .")
Old Dec 7, 2010, 11:04 am
rosarybjork

Programs: aa, contin, avis, others
I fly US airways/republic almost every single time to MCO.
1. They have their own time system. Don't bother to book based on what time you want to get there, book based on what day you want to get there. Its called US airways time. Once you get used to it, its not so bad. They bump flights, shift things around, etc. Never pay more for a flight at a certain time. You will not get it. You gotta be casual on US airways like a slow southern drink. They have rocking chairs at Charlotte. Use them. The people in Charlotte are pretty nice too.
2. They have never damaged my luggage the way other airlines have. (Knock on wood)
3. They don't serve peanuts or crazy snack mixes. The lack of snacks makes the planes cleaner. No crunching down on stuff, or embeded crap in the seats.
4. I have had VERY honest people tell me the truth when I fly them. I appreciate the truth from staff. Are they easy to work for? Not now, especially with the pay cuts. Is it hard to work for less pay and be pleasant to customers? Depends on your job and the day.
5. The CEO on that undercover boss show seemed weak and detached from his airline. I was NOT impressed.
The web site sucks. Bad bad web site.

Also, they have done a piss poor job communicating to customers news about the merger.