FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa {CAN}
View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2010, 5:03 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by birdyy
For the time I needed they only had a King standard room available. I asked if they can do a Diamond Force for a double but she wouldn't. I could've pushed but wasn't 100% sure about my plans. I would assume that request is not so outrageous that it couldn't be done.

I see the problem with the 8 standard rooms. It sure does seem like a way to limit redemption.
Am I missing something or isn't a King better than a double? Do you mean a twin? I don't think they have many twin rooms at this property. the Exec Rooms/Junior Suites however have a sofabed which achieves much the same thing. You can upgrade to one of these in advance for a small fee. They would probably accommodate your request for a given bed type but they won't guarantee this in advance for a redemption (especially at a busy period where their system is showing no availability for the given room type).

You cannot Diamond force a room type only availability of a standard room if the property is sold out of standard rooms. So they will commit to giving you a room for 2 (usually) but not specify King, Double or Twin. I really don't see why anyone would want a "Double" over a King, the difference is marginal at best (I could see why someone would want a King over a double though, as I would always go for this). If you want a twin then pay the smallish upgrade cost to move to an Executive room.

Last edited by Land-of-Miles; Dec 7, 2010 at 5:09 am