FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at YYZ
Thread: Cars at YYZ
View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:26 am
Tuneman1984

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Nice update! Was that a 2011 Lincoln MKX?
Nope, it was a 2010 with about 22k on it (kms). Still a nice ride though, and Sirius was still working. I have driven the 2011 Edge and honestly, I wasn't a fan. It didn't have Sync or Bluetooth, yet it was a leather-seat SEL. The controls were difficult to navigate and counter-intuitive, for instance you navigate through 2 screens just to change the sat radio station up or down. I'm hoping this new "technology" for technology's sake doesn't trickle down into other Ford products, as I've found the current Sync system is the perfect balance of tech gadgetry and user-friendliness.

Originally Posted by newfbc
Great update! I love the 2011 Maximas at National YVR. Loaded, leather, etc. No Sat radio though!

Ron.
I'm really a fan, probably one of the sportier cars you can get from National these days. XM radio is only part of a pricey option package on the Maxima. Seems the Japanese automakers in general are only just hopping on the Sirius/XM bandwagon so expect it to take a few model years to trickle down (as compared to Ford where even the new Fiesta SEs have it). Still, I've found given the choice these days I'll take a car with USB and Bluetooth over one with sat radio, but it is nice to have both.