FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barefoot on airplane = threatened with arrest
Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:01 pm
skywalkerLAX
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I highly doubt the FAA has a written rule about wearing shoes/socks on planes. Therefore I would have asked the Captain is that is his interpretation as well. A forced disembarkment would have been an involuntary denied boarding and probably a good lawyer could find a couple other things. Paired with a DOT & FAA Complaint probably quiet lucrative if your time allows.

Anyhow besides that I find it gross not wearing shoes (not to imagine going barefoot) on a plane. In the lavatories? Are you kidding me??? With every turbulence the likeliness someones urine get's sprayed around in there rises. Bah! Even without... the amount bacteria on a mass transportation vehicle (~ commercial airplane) is probably hard to count. Would anyone go barefoot on a bus or train? I already wear slippers at the TSA checkpoint... Again, gross!!