FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread
Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:23 am
decibel08

Originally Posted by 18sas
Yes, so why can't the ticket be booked in the lowest common fare code for both segments?

Is this a case where the agent didn't think things through?

I'm assuming that you still have to call to use the companion cert. I haven't used one for years.
i believe the only requirement is that there be some availability in either T, U, or L for all segments. my impression is the OP was looking at an itinerary that had one leg in TUL and another leg in K+, which clearly won't work.

and no phone agents need be involved. the process can be completed entirely on delta.com

Originally Posted by rylan
If anyone missed it, I believe what the OP is refering to is that the booking system requires that segments be in the same fare class. So, all segments of your outgoing trip has to be in L for example... they can't be mixed T + L. It allows the outgoing and return portions to be different as long as the connecting segments for the respective travel day are the same.
i definitely used my comp certificate last october on a trip that had T available on the first leg and only L and up on the second leg of the outbound. not a problem.