FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyer “Processed” (Arrested?) in NM After Declining to Show ID
Old Dec 6, 2010, 9:18 am
thadocta
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
This is a tangent but there's plenty of that, so here's my thought. I'd rather not identify myself at all just to utilize a company's services either. At the same time, this scenario has occurred to my mind. Let's assume airline tickets aren't tied to names. Person A buys a ticket and gives to Person B. Person B now has a valid ticket paid for by someone else. But what if Person B has previously been banned by the airline for whatever reason? The airline has a business right to refuse service to anyone.

That's an airline's business choice, of course, and not the responsibility of DHS or any of its entities.
There is also the ridiculous situation, peculiar to the US, where a return ticket (with certain conditions, such as staying away over a weekend) is cheaper than two one-ways.

This encourages people travelling one-way try to on-sell the return portion of the trip, which then encourages identity fraud.

Of course, if you could get a decent fare system, which did not require people to purchase return fares (which are cheaper than one-way fares) then this would not be required.

Dave