FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton, Sheraton or Westin in Venice and Florence?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:30 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by BUR Regular
Thanks, Fanger. I appreciate all of the detailed information provided in this post. With all of the negative posts in TripAdvisor.com, I decided to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Florence. I am hopeful I have made the right decision! I will post on this link after my stay to let all know how the HGI measures up!
I was in Florence last month for a long weekend , dont know which airport yopu are flying into. I flew into FCO and trained it up to Florence. All I can say nothing beats walking out of the Westin and in a couple of mins being smack in the middle of Everything. Also its a quick 5 min walk from the Main train station to boot

If you goal is to take in as much of florence as you in 1 day, Id rethink staying at the HGI. Sort of like hitting LA for 1 day and staying by LAX, which is OK if all you want is the beach communities

If you are flying into FLR and then flying up to VCE tahst anotehr thing, but if you Training it the HGI isnt ideal