FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on which *A FF scheme to join? - please post here
Old Dec 5, 2010, 12:37 pm
LufthansaFlyer

Originally Posted by gruszkatt
I come from Warsaw, Poland

This month, i'm going to Lyon from Warsaw via Zurich by Swiss class P and i'll return to Warsaw via Frankfurt with Lufthansa class W.

I am a Vietnam Airlines' GLP Gold Elite member and I think I should move to a *A FFP. I often fly to Hanoi (now LOT flies directly to HAN) and i am thinking about a *A FFP but I don't which fFP to choose

Next year, I'll move to Canada (Vancouver), I will fly to Poland, Vietnam from to Canada, so I can use the AC's Aeroplan it is easier to reach Silver (25000miles/calendar year) or Gold statuses than any other *A's programs.

But Aegean's Miles & Bonus is EASIER than the AC's Aeroplan with only 3000 miles to reach the Silver status +16000 to be GOLD!!!

I don't know which FFP to use with Star, I already made a A3 account but maybe AC is better than A3. A3 so easy to earn! Please help me to choose a right, fair FFP for me.

And I don't know with wich FFP to start with Lyon's journeys this month.

thanks!
I want a *A FF:
(1) My home airport is WAW but later YVR and WAW
(2) I usually buy Y fares (mostly 50% of Y Economy)
(3) Really, it depends, i dont know, but I always fly on transcontinental flights
(4) I am Vietnam Airlines' Gold Skyteam Elite
(5) The most important to me in a FFP are airport lounges, pick-up luggage earlier, Priority Check-in, easy free upgread to a better class (like in VN)
(6) I mostly fly like WAW-HAN-WAW
(7) My preferred airlines are LOT, Singapore Airlines, Vietnam Airlines (SKT).
(8) Mostly for pleasure.

Stick with AC, Aegean may be "cheaper" but redemptions are more difficult PLUS your aegean *A card will be worth little in Canada and Europe. If you are going to fly AC metal to europe, the Aeroplan is far more beneficial to you. You wont be able to receive upgrades being aegean gold when you are flying AC. Plus if you are flying the long hauls to Warsaw and Vietnam you will earn *gold in NO TIME, especially if you spring for am occassional biz class itinerary and take advantage of fare class multipliers. AC will treat you far better as an aeroplan *G than an Aegean *A.