FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on which *A FF scheme to join? - please post here
Old Dec 5, 2010, 12:32 pm
LufthansaFlyer

Originally Posted by efactor
I typically have to connect (Philadelphia or Charlotte), but I'm willing to switch airlines to get more directs and or a better quality of service and FF program.
I would think that US would still be your best bet, I would suspect you'd have to get to a hub with any carrier if you're flying from BWI or CLT. With US' presence at PHL and only about 80-100 miles from BWI, it would seem like an easy and "cheap" way to get minimum segment miles and segment count. I know sometimes people think other plans are better, just because they are different plans, but they usually find out that the grass is not greener on the other side. Plus, with US, having CLT and PHL as 2 good hub options close to your BWI would seem attractive as well. I'm not the sharpest knife in the FF knoweledge arena, but if I were in the same position, I would lean towards US.

Otherwise, you could look at CO/UA if you dont mind hopping to EWR for your connections, but I dont see it being a better option.