FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyer “Processed” (Arrested?) in NM After Declining to Show ID
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:22 am
edmali

Originally Posted by mynetdude
I don't mean to be a deterrent to a good cause because what has happened here is not acceptable and needs to make an example of the ABQ police. But, IIRC I thought the DA couldn't even possibly (let alone the courts hear the case) present the case to the courts if he truly hasn't broken any laws, IANAL, I don't live in NM nor do I know any laws there but from what I read it seems to be clear as day that he has not broken any laws so why would the courts even CONSIDER allowing the DA to try the case? Let me guess? Flawed injustice? I guess they will always allow this, on the other hand you are innocent until proven guilty by your peers (or you are guilty until proven innocent).

I don't know why we're wasting tax dollars when this is a clear cut situation if the law explicitly says no ID is required, hell even the TSA says no ID is required so why are they even enforcing it yet they truthfully say so. Its too bad I can't try this myself, I don't have enough information and I have an agenda not worthy of getting arrested.

But this is exactly what happens here in Cleveland. The local paper just got done doing a four part feature on the activity of the DAs office. the DAs office routinely puts together cases to go to trial that are thrown out by the judge for lack of evidence. The DA admitted that he does present cases that may be lacking but lets the judge sort things out. Obviously the judges are furious at the DAs office for wasting their time on baseless cases.

Ed