FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 top tier requirement
View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2010, 3:16 pm
Jasper2009
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by why fly
if someone want "lounge access" there are other gold programs to get you that, eg TG and its for 2 years.

AC gold status is only good for someone flying AC, if you fly UA flights its useless. TRUST me it would NEVER be for AWARDS LOL! can you imagine paying AC $165 for a NA award on AC when us is $25 on UA?
AC gold status is good for AC flyers its useless if your not flying AC.
Also just a reminder AP does block awards.

Hey I honestly cannot imagine a UA flyer putting 35k to AC just for the lounge. Also till this year every other year I can remember UA had DOUBLE qualifying miles. So it made its gold around 35k
Well, Iīve encountered some FFs who primarily fly UA and credit their flights to AC/AP for the reasons I pointed out (Btw, I never said they redeemed their miles on AC domestic flights, but even you have to admit that some AP *A awards like NA-Europe 100k miles in F provide excellent value, and UA blocking *A awards has been a very common issue over the years (though apparently itīs not that a huge problem anymore), Iīm not aware of AP systemically blocking ÜA awards. As mentioned before, both programs have their pros/cons, but only becaue you donīt overly like AC/AP is doesnīt mean everyone else agrees with you. Shocking, isnīt it?

Originally Posted by why fly
the other shoe has not dropped wait till the program comes out more IKK cuts and for sure restrictions on what miles can be used. THis is one of many cuts this year.
Have you recently changed jobs and become a fortune teller?

I donīt see any evidence that the program will be greatly devalued. Last yearīs IKK changes surely didnīt benefit all SEs, apart from that I canīt remember any major "enhancements". The major change this year will be the upgrade program, and so far thereīs no info whether the program will become better/worse.