FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Military Personnel: Upgrades and Other Benefits on Delta Air Lines
Old Dec 3, 2010, 12:26 pm
USAF_Pride

Programs: DL-DM, PC-PM
Originally Posted by berlinflyer
I was on LAX-ATL this week and while waiting for the boarding to start, I noticed that the UG list had over 35 medallion members waiting for an U/G. 2 seats were available.

In the end, the seat next to me remained empty and the FA's decided to move a soldier in uniform into the seat, rather then moving the next passenger on the UG list up to FC. I just returned from the lav when I heared the GA in the gally talking to the FA, telling her that it was "up to the crew to upgrade the soldier or 21A".

to the FA's for ignoring their most loyal customers.

You missed the simple fact that the FA does not have access to the upgrade list, ergo they wouldn't know who the next person would be to get the upgrade. What if the FA said "the first medallion to ring their call button can come to FC"? This place would be screaming mad about that.

As the FA does not have the list, she/he/pilot can move anyone to any seat they want. Had the GA done it, then you might have a little bit to argue about, but you clearly stated the FA did it. If it really bothers you that bad, don't fly DL anymore. Find another carrier that doesn't do this.