FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ibis Paris Berthier Porte de Clichy for ~$82 USD or something else?
Old Dec 3, 2010, 4:35 am
cwerdna

Question Ibis Paris Berthier Porte de Clichy for ~$82 USD or something else?

I'm going on a Contiki European tour (it'll be my first time to Europe) but am staying an extra night in France, after the tour is over before flying back to the US via CDG.

Contiki has us staying our last 2 nights at Ibis Paris Berthier Porte de Clichy but where I chose to stay the extra night (check in 12/23, out 12/24 for a flight at 11:30 am) is up to me.

I plan on being just a tourist visiting sights the tour doesn't take us to or revisiting some places.

I went to http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-21...hy/index.shtml and found the rate to be ~$82 USD/night. Am I better off just staying there another night or going somewhere else, esp. given that I'm going to CDG the next day?

I'm willing to bid on Priceline, as I've done it many times for US hotels w/great success. But, I'd probably need to know what zones to pick/not pick.

I'm looking for something that's either a better value (but still $82 USD or less). I think these are important:
- convenient for me to get to via public transit/cheap transportation or not a very expensive taxi ride from Ibis Paris Berthier Porte de Clichy with luggage (one suitcase + 1 carry on)
- convenient via public transit/cheap transportation to CDG
- safety
- proximity to sights and public transit

I really doubt I'd want to take a taxi to CDG (too much $). I read that a taxi from Roissy to the city is 65 to 95 Euros!

Thanks!

Last edited by cwerdna; Dec 3, 2010 at 5:58 am