FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on which *A FF scheme to join? - please post here
Old Dec 2, 2010, 6:00 pm
PVDtoDEL

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Pwrzecio
Hi,

I would be very keen to receive your feedback and advises.
I just immigrated to Singapore.
In France where I used to live, I was Platinum with Flying Blue.
Since I'm now based in Singapore, I will fly much more with Singapore Airlines. I'm hesitating between:
- continue using my Aeroplan card
- subscribing to Krysflyer
- I'm opened to any other options (M&M....)

The reason why I'm contemplating the avenue to stay with Aeroplan although I will rarely fly Air Canada, is that the status levels seem rather low, and you got a couple of hard advantages every year.

Could you please share with me any of your feedack/experience/advises...
As I mentioned, I'm opened to any suggestion.
I tried to have a status match with Singapore Airlines, that they refuse...

(1) What is your home airport? (SFO, LAX, MCO, etc.)
Singapore

(2) What types of fares do you usually buy ? (C, F, Y, etc.)
Coach if < 8 hours, and Business if > 8 hours
So coach most of time

(3) How many miles do you usually fly each year? (<25K, 25k-50k, >50k)
Around 50k on Star Alliance flights

(4) Do you have any kind of status at present? What is it? (UA Premier, M&M Senator etc)
I am Platinum with Flying Blue
I will likely continue spending 70k with Skyteam (to achieve Platinum for life in a few years) + 50k with Star Alliance

(5) What is most important to you in a FFP? (Frequent upgrades on travel, priority services when flying the airline, good award redemption rates, free lounge access, etc.)
upgrades, redemptions, lounge access

(6) Which routes do you fly most often (US Domestic, Transpacific etc)
Inter-Asia
A couple of flights to Europe

(7) Preferred Airlines
My company has a plan with Singapore Airlines

(8) Do you travel for work or pleasure? (Can you chooose your airlines, class of service?)
Mostly for work.
My company has an agreement with Singapore Airlines

I have a few additional questions:
- I guess I have more chance to be upgraded on Singapore Airlines, if I have a status with Kryslflyer (versus Aeroplan), right ?
- what about the redemptions chart : do you have access to the same number of seats/destinations if you are Krysflyer or any other card from Star alliance, or is there a diffrent rule. Typically, there is zero seat available in business from Paris to Singapore on Singapore Airlines with my Aeroplan miles. I'm wondering if it would be the same if I would have Krysfyer card and miles instead.

Thanks !!
Since you were platinum on Skyteam, I'd suggest you look around for a *A carrier that accepts status matches. Then, you would at least have *G.