FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on which *A FF scheme to join? - please post here
Old Dec 2, 2010, 5:59 pm
PVDtoDEL

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gster78
Would really appreciate others' more-expert advice:

(1) What is your home airport? EWR (though I could fly out of LGA and JFK as well)
(2) Do you currently have any status? No status - most of my miles would come through Starpoints transfers
(3) What types of fares do you usually buy? Economy fares
(4) Which airlines/routes do you usually fly? In terms of airlines, I typically fly Continental, US Airways, AA, United and Delta (in that order) when it comes to domestic routes. However, my flights are usually Transpacific, in which case, I'd much prefer flying Asian (or any other non-American) airlines.
(5) How many miles do you usually fly each year? 20k (though most of these tend to come from award flights)
(6) Do you mainly fly for work or for leisure? / Do you have any flexibility in choosing the airline/fare bucket etc.? Leisure - lots of flexibility
(7) What is most important to you in a FFP? Award redemption (especially for international flights) -- I'm okay with flying in Y (usually don't have enough miles to redeem C)
Since you fly less than 20k, I would suggest Aegean Miles & Bonus if you want to get status. If you want to redeem, stay as far away from Aegean as you can.