FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Route change + dropped segment question
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2010, 11:13 pm
chaptwo

Programs: AC E50
Originally Posted by Arcanum
I called back today to see if YEG-YYC-YXU-YYZ was an allowable routing.

On my first attempt, someone picked as soon as I hit "5" - gotta be a first for that. Alas, she turned out to be a rockin' b!tch, the kind who gives all of CS a bad name. She actually answered the call with "Air Canada. What do you want?" and then flatly insisted that international tickets cannot be changed after departure. Suffice it to say, not much help.

I called back this evening. The first rep, Kevin, was very nice. He politely explained that my situation was a bit complicated and that he would have to transfer me to the international rate desk. The next rep (whose name eludes me, damnit!) was also extremely polite. He immediately informed me that he would have to check the allowable routings and that it could take a few minutes. Rather than make me wait, he offered to call me back instead. Um, what now? Never had that one before! Gold star for the international desk! :-:

I elected to wait since I was at my computer being productive anyways (actually reading FT at work, but that's productive!) After a couple of minutes, he came back and said the routing to YYZ via YXU was not allowed, however, he could just change my final destination to YXU for the fare difference between YEG-YYZ and YEG-YXU - a whopping $60 plus change fee. I told him previous reps had quoted $400 for this, but he assured me it was $60. Done and done!

It's interesting to see AC CS at both its worst and its best on the same day. What a fascinating dichotomy! I wonder what the difference is - different call centres at different times, some happier than others perhaps?
The rates desk in Winnipeg is by far the Super Elite of the entire company. On my numerous RTW tickets, they have saved me over and over...The worst AC service you can get is when you get plugged into Tampa...Truth is, the rates desk are experts and many other, unless you push as you did or call back, simply do not care.

Chaptwo