FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Great SPG Experience!
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2010, 6:33 pm
Chrislorl

Programs: DL Plt, SW A+, SPG Plt, HH Silver, Marriott Gold,
Thumbs up A Great SPG Experience!

I just wanted to take a moment to give a public thank you to (an employee) <name removed by moderator due to TOS> at Starwood Preferred Guest services.
I booked an awards weekend for the Mrs. and myself at Disney's Swan. I had a few basic questions and needed help with a dinner reservation. I received the welcome email from the hotel with the managers "Let us know if we can do anything at all" message. So I sent an email asking about help with this reservation and the fact that it was a Birthday and Anniversary so I wanted to see if we could get a room facing the fireworks. No Reply, so I sent a second email, No Reply again.
I was home, a little frustrated so I dialed the SPG Platinum number and (an agent) answered. I told her my issue and just asked for another email that may work??
(The agent) told me to hang on while she made a few calls. She called the hotel directly, arranged the room, combined two different awards to insure we didn't have any issues, and started working on the reservation for dinner.
We spent about 1/2 an hour or more on the phone, she was professional, polite, and really made me feel like it was no problem and I was a valued customer.
(The agent) could not get us a reservation either but would not give up. She told me she would reach out a little further and if it was ok get back to me tomorrow. I told her that was great, thanked her for all the help and said goodnight. (The agent) was actually off the next day but contacted me from home to tell me she was still working on it. Then the next day again. Finally she came back, told me she had tried everything but the restaurant is booked 6 months out.
I have to tell you I was completely blown away by the service level she provided. William if you can pass this along I would appreciate it greatly. This is why SPG gets my business. And finally Thanks again (to the agent) for trying so hard!
Chris & Samantha

Last edited by l etoile; Dec 2, 2010 at 8:08 am Reason: name removed per TOS