FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)
Old Nov 30, 2010, 1:10 pm
qbrain

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by DealDetective
I wish Hyatt had a way for you to track these things online. It is very easy to get misled about your qualification when the tier expriation is later than the real deadline. They don't even send you a confirmation email verifying when you signed up and what your deadline is, so you have nothing in writing.
Haha! That sums up what I said to Hyatt in my email. My final version was about 3 pages long and included references.

Hyatt is not great on the technology front. If there is ever another long term promotion like this one (15 nights spread over 6 months before seeing a change), I will be sure to send off an email to GPCS at the beginning and about a month before the end, verifying what I think I know.

I had forgotten that I did it, but I confirmed that I was signed up for the promotion via email, and still had copies of the email. GPCS denied my request twice before I remembered the email, so I sent the email thread about my registration along with my misunderstanding about the completion date not being the expiration date of my status. That was enough justification, they pushed my status through and my story ends happily as of about 5 minutes ago.