FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does United have something similar to Fare class B
Old Nov 29, 2010, 11:19 am
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LKWarrior
Paying for the B - and the UP-YMB and extra miles/points that would come with it on CO,
Welcome to FlyerTalk!!

An M fare (CO code/metal) does not come with bonus points, just the ability to -UP.

Has anyone seen the "conversion chart" from which the Elite Service Center Supervisor quoted this or had similar experiences? The service rep was unable to find it and neither was the supervisor...
The chart is not published. There are some compilations and references but none are comprehensive. The earning rules pretty clearly state that the credit is based on the operating carrier but without the ability to easily know in advance what you are booking into it can definitely be both confusing and frustrating.

...the representative did manage to put a note on my account and said that after 15 days, if I call back, they will restore my points and miles. No upgrade. Pricey way to a few bonus miles is an understatement...
That was quite generous of them.
Originally Posted by Feather Man
I just had a similar scenario a few days ago on a future MR. I had booked B class to get the 1.5 bonus. What I did not realize was that the segments from Houston to LAX were "buy up" upgrades. Well, at the time, I thought, great !! But after I drove the ticket, the 1.5 MQM bonus on the buy up B legs was eliminated.
But really, shouldn't the website warn you that you will lose the 1.5 bonus?
It doesn't because you do not. The website will display the reservation in ZE inventory and show 100% earning online but when the flights actually post they will be with the underlying B fare and you will receive the correct credit in your account. This is a long-standing bug on the site. It used to show 0% so the 100% listing is at least closer to accurate, though still not all the way there.