FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does United have something similar to Fare class B
Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:16 am
Feather Man

Programs: Delta - PM / MM, UA 1K Starwood-Gold
Originally Posted by LKWarrior
I just flew last week on a CO itin ticketed at B, only to find that UN recognizes that as M on code share flights, which reduces your EQM/EQP from 150%/1.5 down to 100%/1. Paying for the B - and the UP-YMB and extra miles/points that would come with it on CO, got me an E+ seat, no upgrade, no exit row, and no bonus miles/points. Has anyone seen the "conversion chart" from which the Elite Service Center Supervisor quoted this or had similar experiences? The service rep was unable to find it and neither was the supervisor...

After being on the phone for over 90 minutes with OP Service (80 of it on hold listening to the prerecorded message of how UN and CO are now merging and working on seamless integration), the representative did manage to put a note on my account and said that after 15 days, if I call back, they will restore my points and miles. No upgrade. Pricey way to a few bonus miles is an understatement...
I just had a similar scenario a few days ago on a future MR. I had booked B class to get the 1.5 bonus. What I did not realize was that the segments from Houston to LAX were "buy up" upgrades. Well, at the time, I thought, great !! But after I drove the ticket, the 1.5 MQM bonus on the buy up B legs was eliminated. I called CO to clarify. At first, she did not believe I had originally bought B fares, but after checking, she confirmed that I did. She then called a supervisor who was perplexed at the removal of the bonus. It was kicked up to another supervisor that confirmed that the MQM bonus is eliminated on buy up B fares. Well, this kind of defeated the primary purpose of the trip, which was an MR. But after calculating everything carefully, I will still accrue enough MQM's to cross the 100K mark.

But really, shouldn't the website warn you that you will lose the 1.5 bonus?