FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does United have something similar to Fare class B
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:18 am
channa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by LKWarrior
I just flew last week on a CO itin ticketed at B, only to find that UN recognizes that as M on code share flights, which reduces your EQM/EQP from 150%/1.5 down to 100%/1. Paying for the B - and the UP-YMB and extra miles/points that would come with it on CO, got me an E+ seat, no upgrade, no exit row, and no bonus miles/points. Has anyone seen the "conversion chart" from which the Elite Service Center Supervisor quoted this or had similar experiences? The service rep was unable to find it and neither was the supervisor...

After being on the phone for over 90 minutes with OP Service (80 of it on hold listening to the prerecorded message of how UN and CO are now merging and working on seamless integration), the representative did manage to put a note on my account and said that after 15 days, if I call back, they will restore my points and miles. No upgrade. Pricey way to a few bonus miles is an understatement...

Similar to what you're saying, I believe UA B also maps to CO M.

I'm not aware of the chart being published, we only have data points from experience and what others have published.