FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is Your Definition of a Kosher Establishment?
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:07 pm
badatz

Programs: AA Platinum, LY Matmid
Originally Posted by craz
which for some is a problem, eg heter mechira alot of people dont hold by this the more modern crowd does

Im not saying Tzohar isnt reliable or a person cant trust them. But from those Ive spoken with thus far they arent too fond of the camera thingy , which Tzohar seems to have no problem with

personally I dont rely on the reg Rabbanuth for Fleshig when in Israel
You just made my point. Sure there are various levels of Kashrut observance. Some eat Rabbanut, some only certain Rabbanut (Jerusalem, Rechovot, Tzefat ) some Glatt, Beit Yosef. Chassidish Schechita, various American or European supervisory associations etc. The possibilities are endless. Everyone has to make his personal choice as to what is acceptable to him.

This does not mean in any way that what is not okay for him is not 100% Kosher for thousands or hundreds of thousands of others.

I personally know of a chain of religiously owned supermarkets in Israel that will not sell Coca Cola products in a few of their stores in Bnei Brak as the Hechsher is from Rav Landau who although he is the head of the Beit Din in Bnei Brak, he is also a Chabad Chasid. Other elements threatened to burn the stores down if they sold it.

As it says in the good book, "aseh lechah Rav" Make yourself a Rabbi, or in other words use the Rabbi you trust but don't knock the others