FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seoul Food - Korea
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2010, 7:38 am
mosburger

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by stupidhead
I'll post when I find some. There's a blog written by a food writer that has some good options. It's in Korean so you might want to use google translate or sth: http://blog.naver.com/f4100
Cheers, all my Busan visits apart from the first one in 1999 have been busy corporate affairs so not much chance left for own initiative. Very, very beautiful city though and some good memories from there.

What kind of foreign foods do I miss? EVERYTHING. I just liked having the option to browse the menus of restaurants for 3 hours when I was in New York (menupages.com FTW). If you had to twist my arm, I'd have to say middle eastern food. Nothing beats a $2.50 falafel at 2 in the morning when you're STARVING. That, and for some reason, Chipotle.
I have some Korean friends who spent their formative years in NYC and other overseas locations respectively. I'll ask them about their favourite foreign food joints and post any coherent answer...

One Turkish lady I spoke to was rather negative about the Middle Eastern eateries in Itaewon so please do not expect too much if visiting.

But you can have decent and very cheap kebab type dishes for example in Xinzhuang in Shanghai where many Muslims from Western China live. Chinese Muslim food from Xi'an to Xinjiang is among the best on the planet, IMHO and well worth exploring...