FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seoul Food - Korea
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2010, 6:24 am
stupidhead

Originally Posted by mosburger
On a more positive note, Busan is quite famous for it's steamed crab and other seafood. Any recs you'd like to share or maybe some good "everyday' restaurants, Korean or other?

Btw, what kind of foreign foods do you miss most in Busan/Korea?
I have yet to find any but I've been here less than 6 months and I spend most of my time working or studying for the LSAT so I don't explore much even the once a month I do go out. And plus I've never liked seafood that much (there are only a few kinds I'll eat-salmon/tuna sushi, lobster, scallops and fried calamari) so I'm not a good person to ask about seafood options. I'll post when I find some. There's a blog written by a food writer that has some good options. It's in Korean so you might want to use google translate or sth: http://blog.naver.com/f4100

What kind of foreign foods do I miss? EVERYTHING. I just liked having the option to browse the menus of restaurants for 3 hours when I was in New York (menupages.com FTW). If you had to twist my arm, I'd have to say middle eastern food. Nothing beats a $2.50 falafel at 2 in the morning when you're STARVING. That, and for some reason, Chipotle.

Last edited by stupidhead; Nov 28, 2010 at 6:37 am