FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seoul Food - Korea
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2010, 5:42 am
stupidhead

Koreans are some of the most xenophobic people ever when it comes to food. A lot of people I talk to either have prejudices or just aren't interested in the world outside their 5 mile radius. Of course this frustrates the hell out of me. (don't bite me, I get to generalize about Koreans because I'm Korean myself-where I differ is my curiosity about the rest of the world)

The next time I see kimchi at an establishment serving foreign cuisines I think I might puke.

And there's very little variety in what Korean food establishments serve either. I wander through the local college town here wondering how the .... any of those eateries turn a profit with so little differentiation. It should be the 8th wonder of the world if they all turn a profit.

Seoul maybe is slightly better, since there's a lot more expats and stuff but Busan is really pathetic. It likes to fashion itself as a world class city but it's far from it (then again, a majority of Korean organizations think they're better than they actually are).

Last edited by stupidhead; Nov 28, 2010 at 5:49 am