FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking trains in India
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2010, 3:08 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by painintheuk
Hi all,

Is this information still up to date? It sounds like the best way to book the train is an e-ticket through www.irctc.co.in. As mentioned they definitely want a lot of personal information! I don't know how accurate it has to be, though.

As a followup, what class should I choose? How different are they? AC 1? 2? 3? Sleeper? What is the most comfortable, most private, safest? I will be traveling alone with minimal (but not 0) luggage, and will likely be exhausted from my flight from home. The train is in the afternoon and takes about 4 hours I think. I would actually prefer an earlier train, but not all classes are available.

Finally, with an e-ticket, how early should I arrive? I will be at the Courtyard Gurgaon the night before.

Thanks

Dr. PITUK
i've taken train journeys between delhi- chandigarh a number of times....mostly i book in the executive chair car & its extremely comfortable....

depending on what time your train is, it will take you close to an hour to get to the station from gurgaon....just make sure you are at the station 20 minutes before departure time & you will be fine....