FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seoul Food - Korea
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2010, 2:37 am
stupidhead

Oh god. Don't even get me started on pizza. I don't eat pizza from anywhere besides the Costco food court and Papa John's (probably the most "authentic" pizza you can get outside maybe a US army base). And even Papa John's borders on fake crap. And most of the "Chinese" food in Korea is made from recipes developed in Korea.

And 99% of the non-Korean food in Korea has all been Korean-ized. And the fact that they try to make everything with sweet potatoes is just, wrong, on so many levels. And what's up with their insistence on putting bulgogi on absolutely EVERYTHING? I cringe when I see something with bulgogi sauce or such bs. If I wanted bulgogi I would have ordered it. Good fried chicken though.

And most people consider that crap "good"----that is, until they taste REAL cuisine overseas.

And don't even get me started on the COMPLETE lack of availability of ingredients at the grocery store. I can't even get CHICKEN BROTH at the store, .... And I couldn't even find fresh basil. Yet they have a dozen different varieties of hot pepper powder and paste, each.

I've been wanting some variety so badly I miss the $5 lamb over rice from a street cart from NYC.

Which brings me back to my original point: please please PLEASE get me the .... back to New York. Or at least to HK/Singapore.

Last edited by stupidhead; Nov 28, 2010 at 3:08 am