FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earn Honors Points with Social Media Check-Ins
Old Nov 27, 2010, 2:32 pm
shorelife
Suspended

Programs: AA; USairways; United; British Air
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
And yes, the Topguest website/solution isn't very easy to understand. They don't clearly explain how it works, eg that you don't really have to use their iPhone/Android app.

I am certainly not going out of my way to collect 50 points a day, but if I pass a Priority Club or Doubletree property, I might "check in" if it's not inconvenient.

OK, can you explain a little more clearly how the Topguest website/solution works in your own words? Every time I click on that link in the OP's post, it flips me to another window that says you presently don't have iPad, etc. So is there a way around all that? I certainly agree about the 50 pts a day, since I belong to both PC and HH, so if I could figure out how to access this without buying an iPad, I'd do it. It sounds from what you're saying already, that you need to be within signal range of a PC or Doubletree property to even do the pseudo "check-in"... but again, I may be reading you wrong again?