FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is anyone else starting to question their loyalty to CO?
Old Nov 27, 2010, 12:00 pm
ijgordon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jlemon
I also have a problem with folks who think they can get away with using their electronic devices below 10,000 feet. They apparently just don't get it when it comes to this safety issue.
What safety issue?

Oh, and yes, I am questioning my loyalty. As a NYC flier, I have two decent alternatives -- DL and AA. I'm pi55ed at DL on an unrelated topic, and I don't love SkyTeam, particularly the lack of 3-class int'l F awards. And AA doesn't quite have the network from NYC that the others do, and I don't currently fly enough to make AA EXP so I'd have to slum as a mid-tier Platinum and pay for upgrades.

But if I find that I it becomes much more difficult to pre-book ELR seats on CO (and they don't go E+ fleetwide) because they've been sold to non-elites or Silvers, there's a very good chance the scales will tip in favor of one of the other carriers.

But, I think I'm going to reserve judgment until I see how this all works out. It's worth noting that on AA all elites have free access to exit row seating, and even there it's generally not that difficult to procure those seats in advance. But on the other hand, JetBlue seems to sell a lot of their EMR seats, which never made sense to me because their regular seats are just fine -- 34" of pitch I think on the A320s.