FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Adventures in Southern Japan with JR Kyushu, Delta and All Nippon Airways
Old Nov 26, 2010, 9:07 pm
ricardobtg

KIX-SEA on Delta

KIX-SEA on Delta

DL182 KIX-SEA
17 Nov 2010
18:50-11:50
J Class

Fabulous Kansai

Delta check in counters

Kansai airport still looks very nice after all of these years, although it has been pretty much eclipsed today by airports like ICN, HKG or even NGO which seem more modern and upscale. But there's a very nice selection of reasonably priced restaurants and shopping in the landside part of the airport, and decent shopping airside too (Royce chocolates, woo !)

Sunset at Kansai

Relaxing

Gleaming Kansai Airport

Here are a few shots for the flight back to Seattle, it seemed crazy that the flight back would only take 8 hours, when compared to the flight coming over here that took almost 12, I was actually looking forward to more sleeping time : (

You don't really get to rest for long since dinner service probably ends about 2 hours after takeoff and breakfast is served 1 hour before landing which leaves you about 5 hours of lights off time.

Light load tonight

Always hard to leave

This should help make things easier

So quick?

Cream of onion, grilled rosemary shrimp, goat cheese mousse, tomato and olives, great appetizer.

Grilled salmon with tomato saffron sauce, snow peas and basmati rice. Tastes better than it looks.

Almost off to bed

Riding the jetstream.

Fruitcicles for breakfast .

Customs at SEA were quick as was security reclearance. Then it was off to SLC and finally down to SAN.

Closing Remarks

Japan really is a wonderful country, I highly recommend venturing outside of the big cities and visiting some of the quieter spots, tourism infrastructure is consistently top notch and getting around is usually a hassle free pleasure even with the language barrier.

I'm really looking forward to DL starting the HND flight and having the airport opened to service by more carriers in the future. Other than going through ICN, flights to most of Japan currently involve either the limited options at NRT, or an inconvenient 2 hour airport transfer from NRT to HND or KIX to ITM as mentioned before.

I do apologize for the heavy picture load but it was the most efficient way of getting the story across, many thanks for reading, questions or comments are welcome.

Thanks for stopping by !

Ricardo