FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is anyone else starting to question their loyalty to CO?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:22 pm
Nibaruian

Programs: DL PM, UA AG, WN A, MR Life PL, HH DI, Avis P+, 7*
Originally Posted by 1bentley
I have been a loyal CO flier for many years and in the past have paid a few more $$ to fly CO because I felt they offered me more than the other carriers did. In the past year, I would have to say CO has pretty much bottomed out and became just like every other carrier and I feel there is still more to come. For me, my upgrades were important and those have decreased this year with all these buy ups, the Amex relationship is also important and that is going away. Little things like pillows in first, blankets anywhere, and a sad bob program (why would I buy a Jenny-0 slider??), charges for premium drinks in F, all started to bother me. Of course the most recent announcement about 100,000 fliers being higher on the upgrade list in the future made me feel my Platinum status was become worth much less. Now there is there rumor of selling ELR seats to everyone at time of booking, is yet another annoying take away from my benefits. I agree that CO has the right to make money, but how they do it is eating away at my benefits. I made plat for 2011 already and status matched to DL and have been flying them for the last 2 months. I have not yet made my decision but I have to say DL has been much better than expected. My upgrades are 9/10 and inflight service has been excellent. I do hate ATL, so that will be a big challenge as IAH was great to connect in. Is anyone else feeling this way?
I posted on this several months ago; it was a very easy decision to switch over to DL, for a zillion different reasons. The fact that DL has earned the business makes things less painless.

Here's what you will realize in time...it hasn't been the CO of Gordon Bethune or Larry Kellner for some time now. That's the problem. I also live primarily in LA, so that expiring PL card is looking an awful lot like Silver, especially with the 5 zillion PPs/1Ks/GS I compete with for upgrades-on my last flight when the gate told me I was in the 20s for upgrade going LAX-IAH, that kind of said it all right there.