FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How am I supposed to use Mobile Phone boarding pass at LCY
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:17 pm
thegoderic

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
How am I supposed to use Mobile Phone boarding pass at LCY

I have a new BlackBerry this week and the first app I downloaded was the BA one.

It worked wonderfully to give me an electronic BP for my flight to EDI tonight and that allowed me to check a bag and get to the gate at LCY.

However, when announcing boarding, the dispatcher announced that we had to turn our mobiles off before leaving the terminal and not turn them on again until we got to EDI.

This is standard procedure at LCY, where the rule is that mobiles should not be on whilst walking between terminal and plane.

So if I follow the letter of the law, my mobile should be off when I get to the plane so i won't have a BP to show the flight attendant.

This is a highly theoretical question, as I, together with 99.999% of all passengers ignore the rule and have their phones on as they walk across the tarmac, but what am I supposed to do if I want to be 100% compliant with the two mutually contradictory rules to show my BP at the top of the steps, whilst not having my phone switched on.