FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expense management/reporting tools [consolidated threads]
Old Nov 25, 2010, 3:02 am
DYKWIA
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Expense management/reporting tools [consolidated threads]

I'm a consultant who spends a lot of time in the US, meaning that my expense claims get messy. I have to fill out a client expense form in USD, and my employer expense form in GBP. The client expense form is online via QuickArrow. My employer expense form in an excel spreadsheet designed by moi

I find it takes a couple of hours a week to get all receipts scanned and get both the expense claim forms completed and balancing.

I've just come across ExpenseCloud (www.expensecloud.com), and I've been having a bit of a play around.

It seems like it will do everything I need, and should cut down my time at the weekend doing my expenses. The main things I like so far :-

- iPhone app allows me to enter expenses 'on-the-fly'
- I can take a snap of a receipt with my iPhone and attach it to my expense
- Multiple currencies handled
- iPhone expenses are then synchronised to the main ExpenseCloud account
- I can generate an expense claim, and submit for approval to my boss.
- It's free! Well, the individual version is anyway.
- Links in with TripIt.

The only slight issue I've found is that the currency exchange rates are being retrieved from CitiBank. These rates have what appears to be a 2.5% loading fee. However, there is a place in the settings where you can set an adjustment.

My only slight concern is that it seems to be a fairly small 'start-up' company. I can't seem to find any reviews anywhere, and there don't seem to be any posts in the forums except from staff.

So... is anyone else out there using it?

Cheers,
Rick