FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United & AA technical problems...for all concerned
Old Aug 27, 2001, 8:47 pm
Michael at WebFlyer

United & AA technical problems...for all concerned

Good evening everyone.

I thought I'd let you all know that I've been in talks with InfoPop for a fair amount of the day and we are discussing our options for fixing the problems on FlyerTalk and improving the performance.

There are definitely a number of issues to deal with and I'm uncertain at this point in time about how we are going to proceed.

After my talk with InfoPop we determined that, there are a number of hardware issues that need to be addressed...this has become a necessity because UBB was never intended for the kind of scalability that we are needing at the moment. There are a number of "temporary" things that we can do to solve some of the problems but the long term solution is going to need to be more drastic. This is due in part to the hardware and in part due to the ineffeciency of the language that UBB is written in a ( a language that is fantastic for some things but not others )...as well as the data structure of the BB system on the whole.

The United forum will be down for one more day ( hopefully no longer ) and the American forum is also under duress. I intend to shut it down this evening to see if I can implement a "temporary" fix...please forgive me.

As usual, thank you all very much for your time and patience and for your continual feedback.

------------------
Michael at WebFlyer
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
2428 Hall Ave.
Grand Junction, Co. 81501