FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:08 am
LeeAnne

You are welcome to link to my story elsewhere. I am all in favor of spreading the word about the harsh realities of what is currently going on.

I just got off the phone with my sister, who, unfortunately, falls into the category of Americans who accept this abuse because "they're just trying to keep us safe". She seems perfectly fine with this horrific treatment, as she feels that it's all necessary to keep terrorists away. She feels that getting all indignant about it is useless, since they "have to do it". She worries that the public outcry is going to make TSA "water down" their efforts, allowing terrorists to exploit the weaknesses. I tried to explain to her that the terrorists ALREADY can exploit the weaknesses - that none of this is making us, or our planes, safer. But if I can't even convince my own family, I feel less optimistic about convincing anyone else.

Maybe this is just our new reality, that we have no choice but to accept. If that's the case, I guess we gotta applaud the terrorists, because they've won after all.