FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Raised inbox limit?
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:56 pm
HansGolden

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by IB-Dick
We're looking into this, but it looks like we're able to consistantly download large inboxes quickly with Chrome, but not with Firefox, which I can't seem to figure out.

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you could give it a shot using Google Chrome.
I've been using Chrome. Weird. Let me try IE and FF and Safari.

Updated to add:
  • IE - download hangs at 0%
  • FF - downloaded partial, only 125 (130 KB) of 491 PMs
  • Safari - download partial, froze at 934 KB (when I try to open or view containing folder, it refuses to let me because it's not finished downloading), after I hit resume, it started over and went to 478 KB (421 PMs); each time I hit resume, it goes to a different length... there doesn't seem to be any pattern on how far it gets
  • Opera - downloaded what Opera thought was partial (it's still spinning its wheels, doesn't think the download is done, in fact, it's locked up), it got to 658 KB on first try, and amazingly 491 PMs are there!

It seems there's some sort of problem in how Apache is passing those files or in how PHP is parsing. If the former, it shouldn't be too hard to find a fix. If the latter, it's probably either something in the PHP config (check max_execution_time and memory_limit) or the headers aren't being set right.

Last edited by HansGolden; Nov 22, 2010 at 6:44 pm