FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the point of status.
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2010, 3:12 am
Jaskel

Programs: Advantage Plus, Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Passport, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by morphius909
I've been platinum this year and quite honestly, I see little to no benefit, other then bonus points.

Free Upgrades? Hardly ever.
Perks? None really
Status? HAHAH whatever.
Dear Morphius,
I just joined PCR Ambassador this year and became Plat only this year. So far, I have stayed in IC, HI and HIE and had upgrades in all the hotels I had stayed except for HIE since they only have 1 room category. Even though there was no room upgrade at HIE, but the reception does not require me to leave any deposit for my room. Thus, assuming I am staying for 2 nights, I just have to pay for the 2 nights when I check in as I was told that this "No Deposit is Required" policy is extended to Plat members. Guests who stayed in hotels in China typically are required to leave a deposit.

Even for my Reward night in IC, I had been upgraded and received all the benefits such as late checkout, free gifts, fruits etc.

I had also booked F&F rate for my stays in HI and had been upgraded to suite too. They also extended my checkout to 4 pm and had received a very warm and extremely good services from the club lounge.

All my stays are in Asia though.

So far I have been lucky.
^