FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What was your best moment on FlyerTalk?
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:13 pm
dhammer53
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
On BRT 8, I had to hire a 50 passenger bus for the tour (see signature below). Early tours were in 7 passenger vans. Eventually, I moved up to a 25 passenger airport shuttle type of vehicle. On BRT 8, when that 50 passenger bus came down the street, I was overcome with pride. It was a dream come true (after many years of joking about this).

I was a participant in the very first Secret Santa back in 2000 or 2001. dgolds organized it back then. When my gift came, I opened it to find a United SWU. I was flabbergasted. Thanks violist.

Speaking of the Brooklyn Reality Tour, every year there is a moment on the tour that's memorable. On BRT 7, we stopped in front of my old house. A few troublemakers rushed off the bus and knocked on the door. Eventually someone came to the door. It was a teenager and her little sister. I explained that I knew where all the rooms were, and that the little girl probably slept in my old room in the rear of the house. While they didn't let me in, I got a chance to peek inside for the first time in 15 years. Gave me the goosebumps. Thanks cawhite.

One last thing, tcook052, that sandwich was delicious.

I could probably write 10 additional moments over the past 10 years.
I'm sure more moments will come in the years to come.

dh