FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complete List of Airports with Whole Body Imaging/Advanced Imaging Technology Scanner
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:04 am
deltaflyer7

Programs: Marriott lifetime Platinum (30 years of work!)
Originally Posted by essxjay
I am more convinced than ever our leadership is the #1 Danger To The Homeland.

Nnnn-nice!
The real problem is that our "followership" is misguided. We (the flying public) shouldn't be accepting that the only choices are ionizing radiation (not good for Breast Cancer patients) or a sexual assault.

The government wastes billions on "Security theatre" which causes our grandchildren or grandparents to be X-rayed and groped or assaulted on a massive scale. Call your airlines and let them know:
  • You'll be flying less
  • You expect them to convey your displeasure to Congress

FDA still hasn't responded to the point-by-point UCSF memo about concentrated X-ray energy in the top layers of skin, where it can have mutagenic effects on blood and skin cells. This is a different style of exposure than the cosmic rays we that are part of normal background radiation. We'll know in 20 years what the long term effects are, when increase levels of cataracts or skin and blood cancers are showing up in the populations that were exposed.

I choose not to be a guinea pig.

I've seen this story before, during the Cold War. The zeal to build nuclear weapons resulted in contamination and abuses at Fernald, Rocky Flats, Cincinnati General Hospital (Dr. Saenger's experiments), and Hanford, Washington.