FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Turtle Bay Resort & Spa, Mauritius [Master Thread]
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:19 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by charlotteimmigration
please someone give me your advice
I have stayed at both admittedly 2 years ago and when the GM was just opening. I would take the Hilton over the GM anytime. It was just a better resort, with better larger real suites, better dining options, a real beach (possibly now corrected with the beach built at the GM), more choices of shopping/dining etc. beyond the immediate hotel and markedly better service.

If you can do a few days in each location there is something to be said for splitting your stay between both ends of the island as we did as there are different things to do near each, but if it is one or the other take the Hilton.

The GM rooms are small and not terribly well configured (albeit nicely furnished). I would avoid Half Board as a dining option at either location. 6 days a week at the Hilton the HB food is buffet and of varying standards, the credit received at the 2 other restaurants is very small and as a Gold/Diamond you should get free breakfast anyway.