FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA's impact on teen girls
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:13 am
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I think we're going to see more incidents of 'grooming' under the guise of frisking - for both boys and girls.

Young kids go to the airport. They are now told they have to let strangers touch them to protect them from the 'bad guys'. They see their parents submit. They sense the tension and discomfort (come on, it's too much to believe that even those who approve of this stuff enjoy it. I believe even Pistole described it as 'uncomfortable' but said our social norms will have to change).

So young kids will be told that strangers can touch them, they can expect to be uncomfortable and not like it, it will be to 'protect' them. So how long before a scoutmaster or a coach 'frisks' kids to 'protect' them, when in fact it's the first step in grooming a kid. Worst of all, we can't even tell our kids to follow their instincts - if it doesn't feel right, say no. They will have been trained to accept invasive touching by strangers, even if it makes them feel uncomfortable. And they will probably have asked 'why?' or 'what if I say no?' at some point and been told in no uncertain terms 'you have to'.