FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Poor LHR T3 lounge experience
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2010, 12:15 am
astonmartinv8

Programs: VA Platinum, SG Solitaire PPS, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Poor LHR T3 lounge experience

My wife, 79 yo father and I were travelling together yesterday on TG to BKK. It was a treat in F on the way down to Oz. My father has only ever travelled long-haul once before.

My wife who is also WP arrived at LHR T3 with my father earlier and having seen the SAS lounge was very busy decided she would try the 'anytime access' in the QF lounge (which meant the terrace lounge). She is not well versed in lounge rules but nevertheless she and my father were accessed into the F lounge.

I also thought (mistakenly) that I could get access but was refused. I questioned this and they were a little gruff. The supervisor checked and came out and said no access but my wife and father could stay in but I could not. I suggested they might not want to stay and left it at that. My wife who was standing out of sight heard the lounge lady say "he didn't have to question it like that" to which her colleague said "I'd have thrown them all out". My wife heard this and feeling embarrassed collected my father and assumed that it was the fact they were in the F lounge that was incorrect. She walked my father out of the F lounge and over the way to the J lounge, where she was refused access.

I then (belatedly) checked the rules on a SAS lounge PC and they indicated that J lounge anytime access is available for WP, so she should have been allowed in.

My view - bearing in mind the honest error, they would have done best to let me into the F lounge. Everyone happy. Second best, suggest we all go to the J lounge. Third best, what they did, which embarrassed everyone. They were certainly not discrete when refusing access.

My question is does the anytime access apply to the BA T3 terrace J lounge?

Cheers,

Marcus.