FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complete List of Airports with Whole Body Imaging/Advanced Imaging Technology Scanner
Old Nov 17, 2010, 9:44 pm
hbush

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by agoroman
Hey so I want to avoid the Backscatter and Wave Milliport Body scanning and I don't want to opt out either and get the pat down.
The unpleasant reality in US is that you quite likely will get both scanning AND groping even without any "opting out". I had this repugnant experience few days ago in ORD, T1.

Generally I am quite used to different kinds of useless "security" shamanism rites in airports but this kind of US "pat down" is physically close to absolutely unacceptable for me. At least when done by another man.

Besides, these new petting rituals are very slow and cause big delays even in priority lanes where most people are used to different pseudo-security. Good luck to those passengers trying to fly during Thanksgiving time, waiting in the same long lines with elderly people, disabled, small children and so on...