FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has CW food been knowingly taken downmarket?
Old Nov 17, 2010, 2:16 pm
LHR-HUB

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex and some hotels
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Can I genuinely ask why you dislike it so much? You will have seen my post above - I truly found the meal immmensely enjoyable and couldn't fault it in any way.

Maybe I was lucky but I couldn't see what so many complain about
I don't "dislike it so much". Generally CW food is "OK" - usually edible and sometimes filling. I think, however, that it is borderline acceptable for a "premium cabin" and certainly doesn't agree with BA's hyped up marketing of the whole CW experience.
I have had some awful food in CW which was inedible - too dry/hard is the most common problem, although the duck I had earlier this month was just awful in every way (see my sum of the parts [rant] post).
I am happy that you enjoyed the beef and yorkies - I would have liked to try them myself, but wasn't given a choice (again, see my sum of the parts [rant] post).
Unlike some posters here, I don't eat (or bragg about eating) in Michelin starred restaurants regularly (only once ever that I can recall), and am normally quite happy with normal food, as long as it is tasty, of a reasonable consistency, and filling.
My comment was simply that BA's OW partners generally provide a much, much better standard of food than BA.