FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE:,Guide to, and listing of, compensation (2003 - 2011)
Old Jun 13, 2003, 8:49 am
77W_12A
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Date 5th of June 2003

AAdvantage Status Platinum

Fare class Y

What happened Flight 129 from SJC to NRT cancelled due to the First Class p/a sysytem not in operation.

Compensation 20,000 AAdvantage miles!

Comments Called Customer Relations and explained what happened....waited 3 hours at the gate without any announcements. Chatted with one of the flight attendents an hour and a half into this whole mess. She said that a part had to be flown from LAX. Hearing that, I knew this crew was going to be illegal after 3 hours. Alternative arrangements could of been made in the meantime from SFO. Instead, waited on the plane. They placed us overnight at a hotel in Sunnyvale. Flight 9211 was to depart at 9 am on Friday morning. This was a dedicated flight. Instead departed at 10 because plane wasn't fueled. I was actually quite surprised at receiving 20,000 miles. That's seems like an awful lot. I was asking for 10,000, but I will take 20,000!