FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE:,Guide to, and listing of, compensation (2003 - 2011)
Old Apr 17, 2003, 8:24 pm
writetorich

Date March 2003
AAdvantage Status PLT
Fare class Discount Y
What happened Food poisoning which I suspected I got from the Bistro Bag. Vomiting for two days, vacation ruined.
Compensation 2 K miles
Comments E-mailed customer service. Did not ask for anything, mainly wanted to get them to check their catering standards. Miles were a nice gesture.

Charles, to me this is very intresting and surprising. While all the other incidents are specific to AA, One can never be sure of the cause of food poisoning. Hey as an MD, You know this mopre than me

IMHO, Its almost as if AA token goodwill gesture is tautamount to an admission , that at least was a decent likelihood , that AA Bistro was the cause.

From a corporate P.R.. view, I think that AA should have sent a letter thanking you for taking the time to share your experience and then talk about the safety & sanitation methods/ precautions that they use/ implement in Catering. ESP. snice you did not ask for compensation.

I'm curious if others think that AA was overly agressive in responding to this issue? IMHO, its almost a tacit admission of fault/ liability.