FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeroplan vs. Marco Polo
View Single Post
Old Oct 16, 2001, 4:07 pm
Commuter

Programs: KF Gold
Aeroplan vs. Marco Polo

Hi, I'm usually over at the Cathay boards, but I've suddenly realized that I've got to make some decisions. I'm currently a Marco Polo Gold with Cathay (so have OW lounge access, etc..), and could probably get to Diamond level with Cathay before the year is out (this is 120,000 miles, but I think I'll make it). There are a few more benefits, but nothing amazing.

On the other hand, I think I could also join Aeroplan and get the 38,000 miles for Elite (?) status, the one that offers * lounge access (and maintain CX Gold level). Problem is, I can't both get CX Diamond and Aeroplan Elite, I'll have to choose. Does anybody have an idea of what they consider the best benefits of Aeroplan to be? How are the AC lounges in YVR, HK, and BKK (places I seem to be most often)?

Note that Marco Polo doesn't offer too much (no extra miles, no complimentary upgrades, etc..), so it's sometimes difficult to see the benefits. One big benefit is first call on operational upgrades.....And of course, the in-flight service on CX is very good, and the Wing in HK is very nice.

Thanks very much in advance for any ideas you might have...