FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heads Up! Senate TSA Oversight Hearing -- 17 Nov
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:53 am
barbell

Originally Posted by dgcpaphd
I received no meaningful response to my question about whether the oversight committee will be discussing the recent TSA abuses. Instead, I got rudeness accompanied with platitudes.
I'm not so sure that asking questions on position is the right way to handle these calls. The purpose of the call is to communicate to the Senator how the Constituent feels about the issue. Asking how they feel only muddies the issue.

FWIW, I just got off the phone w/ Sen. Klobuchar's office. I wasn't successful in getting to the aid for the Committee, but the staffer who answered the phone offered to share my concerns. I politely told her that TSA was out of control, and it was unacceptable that people should be exposed to unnecessary radiation or sexual assault to board an aircraft. I told her that as a Constituent I wanted the Senator to take Mr. Pistole to task in the Committee hearing and stop the current TSA procedures.

If you are from MN, it is especially important that you share your thoughts because of Klobuchar's co-authorship of the SAFER AIR Act of 2010. If we don't express our disdain, she can say that she did it to keep us safe.

D-MN Amy Klobuchar 202-224-3244 (on the committee)