FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help changing flight tonight due to weather
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:04 pm
lowfareair

Originally Posted by Singleflyer
The answer is NO, and with good reason, the ticket was a discounted ticket with restrictions. I agree the weather looks bad for ATL, but that is not in the terms of the CofC.

I you want flexibility next time, including changing plans to avods possible weather delay in ATL, purchase a Y fare. You can change it all you want.
So I take it all of your Delta tickets are fully-refundable Y, which you pay for out of pocket and are not reimbursed by your company/clients?

In the past five years I've had this happen twice before *Without a travel advisory* on AA & WN. Both times they allowed me to change to the next best option outside of the weather without a fee.

It can be in the carrier's best interest to switch someone proactively rather than need to deal with it at at least one, possibly two airports. I would agree that it would be too much to ask if the request was 'the weather looks bad, can we rebook on a flight tomorrow afternoon?', but when it's simply 'how about a different routing that leaves and arrives within 20 minutes of the original and there are still seats available', it becomes a much different story.